Mindfulness in the Workplace
“80% of employees reported feeling stressed at work sometimes and 60% of absenteeism was associated with stress. Although stress can come from many sources, work stress particularly leads to burnout.” (AIS)
Our Mindfulness in the Workplace courses help employees to develop mindfulness skills supported by a six week training programme.
Mindfulness effectiveness is based on neuroscientific studies. They show positive changes in your brain, regulation of emotions, better decision making, and improved attention amongst other benefits.
According to Deloitte, for every £1 spent by employers on mental health interventions, they get £5 back in reduced absence, presenteeism and staff turnover.
Mindfulness is about paying attention to thoughts, feelings and body sensations to become directly aware of them, and better able to manage them.
Mindfulness in the workplace leads to:
- Improved employee engagement
- Lower employee stress
- Savings on healthcare costs
- Reduction of costs of sickness
- Improved productivity
- Improved leadership skills
Employees attend a 60 minute training session each week. Participants learn new techniques to improve performance, leadership, well-being and resilience, which they then practise each day and apply to their work.
Tailored Programmes and Workshops available.
The mindfulness at work course was great. Very insightful, practical and the exercises simple to incorporate into my day to day life. I appreciate mindfulness is a journey and I am very pleased to have now started this and to have had the input and guidance at the outset. The techniques and exercises we learnt over the last 6 weeks will stick with me for a lifetime.
Jennifer Pike,Senior Consultant, Jameson Legal
Mindfulness related qualifications:
- WorkplaceMT Mindfulness at Work Trainer, The Mindfulness Exchange (2019), CMI Validated, and developed as a spin-off from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre from Oxford University
- Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Trainer, School of Positive Transformation (2019)
- MBSR, The British Institute of Mindfulness (2019)
- NLP Master Practitioner (2003)
- MBA Thesis on EQ (2004)